Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

MY ELECTRIC GOLF CART WAS JUST BARELY INCHING ALONG AND THEN

Customer Question

MY ELECTRIC GOLF CART WAS JUST BARELY INCHING ALONG AND THEN STOPPED. I HAVE HAD BATTERIES, ETC CHECKED AND HE SAID THEY ARE FINE. GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: LET ME CHECK, BE RIGHT BACK
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: IT IS AN EZ GO . I THINK 6 OR 7 YEARS. THE MAN THAT TESTED BATTERIES DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SULFUR SMELL HOWEVER HES UNAVAILABLE NOW
JA: What year is your electric?
Customer: HOW DO I TELL?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I JUST HAD A MAN THAT WORKS ON GOLF CARTS COME AND LOOK BUT ALL HE DID WAS CHECK BATTERIES AND CONNECTORS. HE SAID HE FIGURES IT IS EITHER MOTOR OR REAR END, VERY EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: WILLL I BE ABLE TO PRINT THIS OUT TO SHOW TO HIM?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you! I will do my best to help.

Ezgo , what year model? Does the charger come on and run 8 hour charge cycle when attached to cart? Do you hear the solenoid click when you press the foot pedal?