Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I'm working on toyota prius 2003. Hv battery issue.

Customer Question

Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually the first thing that needs done when there is a HV battery issue is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.There are several components that can cause issues with the HV battery from the control unit and sensors to the battery itself.If you have already had the codes read out let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Problem is its topical same issue as all the prius has for this age the triangle warning sign. I did change the new12v aux. Battery did fix it. I have taken HV battery out several time and check 1 by 1 cells module and all of them have 7.92 volts.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The codes are 3015 3115 and 3030. I problem is the hv battery get charge very slow. I have the HV battery out of the car and I checked each cell module they all good.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Was anything repaired or replaced on your vehicle before this issue occurred here at all?