Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have a 1983 ez-go 2 cycle gas powered golf cart. The

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1983 ez-go 2 cycle gas powered golf cart. The starter/generator mounting bracket is broken. I need a replacement. I don't have a part number and not sure where I can get one. Do you happen to know the part # and where I can get a replacement?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

This one?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no not that one.its like the one in this picture the starter you will see a plate that is held onto top of main motor by 4 bolts then the start sits on top. The square block with hole on plate is for tension adjustment of starter and its missing in this picture. There is a 90 degree tab up on rear of plate with curved channel for adjusting the position of the starter.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

No, I can't find part number, or the exact same bracket. I owned one f theses two cycles, but mine used this same bracket to mount the muffler too. If it were mine I would remove it and wld on a new ear for the adjuster. Let me opt out, and see if anyone else can come up with it. Please do not respond to me,or it will lock the question. Sorry.