Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

No spark, gas 2008 club car, was running fine started

Customer Question

no spark
JA: What is the model/year of your electric?
Customer: gas 2008 club car
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: was running fine started backfiring occasionaly than wont start replaced the plug but still no spark ignition coil?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the plug yes I amfixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: driven in dusty conditions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this can be due to a fault with the ignition coil itself or wiring to the coil causing this issue here.I would have the wiring checked to the coil to see if any issues are found.If any wiring issues are found the affected wiring will need repaired.If no wiring issues are found it is possible the coil is the cause and it may need replaced.This would have to be tested further to be sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete