Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have a 1998 EZGO cart that runs good at times, if it

Customer Question

I have a 1998 EZGO cart that runs good at times, if it starts up after sitting over night I can use it, must of the time, all day long. I was a mechcanic on automobiles most of my life so I have some idea how to check things out. I have checked for flow of fuel and checking compression I have about 90-95 pounds compression and I have good fuel flow. I also checked for fire at the plugs. I have fire but it is very weak and it is red instead the blue you would normaly see. I replace the spark plugs and that helped some.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Ignition system should b giving good blue spark. Ignition is a pulse coil, an igniter and the ignition coil. With it having weak spark and running, I would replace the ignition coil. The pulse coil has to be working or the engine would not run.