Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My 2010 electric ezgo back wheels lock up when applying

Customer Question

My 2010 electric ezgo back wheels lock up when applying brakes nearly puts you through the window then the brakes come off and you can drive but to frighten to use brakes
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

RXV cart or standard? 48 volts? Have you raised unt and removed the brake hubs to check for broken parts or rust buildup? The RXV has electric brake and is in need of 48 volts at all times, or brakes can act up.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Battery's are fully charged can I take the 3 bolts off at end of motor and clean the brake assembly

RXV assume with electric brake on motor. Yes you can remove the brake and clean it up.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What else could it be

Brake solenoid, or the brake, or less than 48 volts! Brake has to have 48 volts!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is brake solenoid is that the one under seat

Cart should have two solenoids, both are same, one is for the controller operation, other the brake solenoid. Brake solenoid will be part of the pedal harness.