Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I installed a 12V converter to power accessories and I also

Customer Question

I installed a 12V converter to power accessories and I also installed a switch to control them. I tapped into the constant power feed to the key switch. I had 48V when I first checked it after installed but now I only have about 9V. Can you please point me in the right trouble shooting direction.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Double check and make sure no wiring was damaged or burned when this was installed as this can cause this type of fault here in some cases.If this is or was checked and found o.k. make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as well.If all of these are all o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete