Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My club car is a 1997 48 volt, one of the cables rotten into

Customer Question

My club car is a 1997 48 volt, one of the cables rotten into so I replaced and cleaned all of them ,now it won't run and I put in cables back the same way ?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check each battery in the pack, starting with the first and going through the pack, without moving the first negative probe from the first battery tested/ First one on an 8 volt pack would be 8 volts, second , 16 volts, and should increase by 8 volts, as you go across the battery pack. If not, you have bad cable or connection...Another test is to plug the charger up and see if it will come on and charge.

Did you find the bad connection?