Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My Yamaha G5 gas golf cart wont stop running, even with

Customer Question

my Yamaha G5 gas golf cart wont stop running, even with switch off. I have to disconnect battery to stop. I unplugged the gas pedal stop switch but it tries to start when battery is reconnected. what else could it be
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a short in the wiring at the pedal switch or leading from it.If this has not been checked to see if a fault is found with the pedal switch wiring or connection this needs done.If this model uses an electronic ignition switch this switch may be at fault internally and may need replaced.I would have these checked into/tested here to see if one or more can be found at fault needing replaced or repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete