Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Golf cart runs fine, then dies, let set and then runs fine

Customer Question

golf cart runs fine, then dies, let set and then runs fine again
Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a 2004 ezgo TXT Electric Golf cart. After a full charge, i ran it around a 4 mile block. half way through it just slowed down and died, i thought that was my distance limit and it was dead so i walked all the way home to get a truck to tow it. about 20 minutes later when we got back to it, i tried it again and it ran great the rest of the way back home( 2 miles) is there something that can get hot and kick it off? is something wrong?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

When it quit, did you hear the solenoid click when you pressed on the pedal? The solenoid has to close to power the controller and drive motor. If the solenoid clicks, problem may be controller. If solenoid does not click, then the solenoid may be bad. There are no circuit breakers or overheat protectors that would cause this.