Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a new re-condition Club Car that is 6 months old.

Customer Question

I have a new re-condition Club Car that is 6 months old. When first delivered to Flagler Beach, we had no trouble in operating. It has been 2 months since we were last here to our second home, and I have not been able to get my Golf Cart to go. I charged the batteries with the under seat toggle switch in the Utility Position. After Batteries were charge, I move the Toggle switch to RUN position, moved the direction lever to forward, turned on ignition switch to on and buckled up the seat belt. Pushed the accelerator pedal down and nothing happened. I can not make it go. I called the Club Car Folks and told them of my problem and gave them the run down as stated above. They could not offer any solution other than to bring the golf cart back to them in South Georgia. Can you advise me what I need to do or can you reccomend a mechanic to take a look. We are located at 2578 Lake Shore Dr. , Flagler Beach, Fl. phone(###) ###-####
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

When you turn on the charger . does it show to be charging? Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage? What is pack voltage before turning on charger, and what is it while charging?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The charger shows it is charging and when fully charged, it goes to 0 and indicates it is fully charged. Ido not have a voltmeter.
Iam covinced it is fully charged when the charger reaches 0 and turns off.

Do you get the reverse beeper when you go to reverse? Any indication that there is voltage to the keyswitch? Does the main solenoid click when you press on the foot pedal?

Here is typical fuse location on club Car, # is the fuse, close to the two /run switch. See if fuse is good.

Did you find the problem?