Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2001 club car ds 48 volt golf cart. The cart will

Customer Question

I have a 2001 club car ds 48 volt golf cart. The cart will not run at full speed. It seems to shut down after depressing the pedal ore an halfway. Let completely off and it will pick speed back up. Batteries are all under 2 yrs old. 8.5 volts on a tester, dropping to about 7.5 under a load. Put new cables on because a few had rough ends and still same issue. Seems to be going into some type of limp mode.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Is there a speed sensor on the rear of the drive motor? Unplug the speed sensor to see if it makes any difference. If no change the MCOR, motor control output regulator, on the foot pedal is likley bad. It controls the speed by varying the signal to the controller.

Did you get to test the speed sensor?