Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have an EzGo power wise QE 48 volt charger with a

Customer Question

I have an EzGo power wise QE 48 volt charger with a triangular plug. The charger was connected to the cart and working
JA: What year is your Volt?
Customer: When I last checked it. Now the cart is dead and the charger doesn't even light up
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Batteries are less than a year old. I think cart is 2011.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was going to try to check with a voltmeter - but don't know if I can remove the cover
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not anything I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltage at the plug on the cart? The charger has to have at least 30 volts , or the internal relay will not close to start the charge.

If there is no voltage to the plug, your primary circuit is not complete, likley a bad connection or cable.