Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I hooked up after market head lights and tail lights on my

Customer Question

I hooked up after market head lights and tail lights on my 2001 ez go cart and when I turn them on, I have only one head light working and no tail lights??? Pretty straight forward install with wiring harness and hooked up to positive and negative off voltage reducer. What is my issue?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can anyone help?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Voltmeter or test light to check for voltage? Are the new bulbs good, swap the head light bulbs to test them. Use meter to see if the taillights have voltage, and if the bulbs have continuity.??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have voltage and even swapped plugs from left to right and the same head light still works, but nothing else?????

With lights, it is always the negative side. With cart there is no ground, so the lights all have to have the ground side, connected to the negative on the voltage reducer. Check the negative wires for continuity back to the voltage reducer.

Did you see my response?