Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

1999 ez go electric golf cart chatters upon take off

Customer Question

Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Does cart roll free? Brakes not dragging? If ok, replace the main solenoid!

I see question still open, did you find problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No after I put the new solenoid and put it in reverse and the beeper went from normal noise to lower and lower until it went out over a period of 5 seconds now no sound or anything? and when I got the old solenoid out the main batt on both were fried pretty good , so I thought for sure it would work, put another solenoid in from working cart but nothing...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

If you attach the charger now does it come on and charge? Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage at the solenoid? And do you have full pack voltage to both sides of the solenoid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
charges 38.7 or so The weird thing is I have another cart that has the same parts and I took the solenoid from that and nothing , so I put the solenoid (new one ) and swapped then the other cart that worked made the same sound with the reverse buzzer went from strong to faint in about 6 seconds same as the other cart now it has no light on voltage gauge . and it does not work. I am not that good with wiring are saying (duh) but the solenoid towards the driver gets the positive cable off the batteries and the 2 black wires go to driver side small post...the 2 red wires go to pass side small post and the motor - goes to pass big post?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will check voltage and get back to you I am leaving town until Monday but will see if we can talk on the phone next week... thanks Rod