Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

The belt jams at full speed and I have to put one of the

Customer Question

the belt jams at full speed and I have to put one of the three governor levers back in place The belt is new but appears to ride too high in the drive pulley.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

What is this governor lever? Part of the drive clutch? The fingers on the clutch? You need a new drive clutch!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know the terminology, but I think you may have nailed it. I ran an auto shop for 40 years plus. but have been out of that for over 25 years. Sure makes me feel old!

Drive clutch has three levers that have weights, and they throw out when engine is revved, and collapses the pulley so it spins and engages the driven clutch on the transmission. Weights should not go out so far, that they don't return. Get you a new clutch, problem solved!