Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

We have a fully charged electric golf cart that won't go

Customer Question

we have a fully charged electric golf cart that won't go dashboard lights go on, when you turn on headlights they don't go on but click any ideas???
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: would the fuses prevent if from going?
JA: What year is your Golf Cart?
Customer: it is a 2013 polaris ranger ev
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I probably can't fix it myself I was just curious as to what might be the cause
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no it is holding a full charged battery, other than the headlights the dashboard lights go on, when I press the gas nothing does not move no sound
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Did it work before charging? If so, check the charger port, t has a switch that kills the cart, to keep it from driving while charger is attached. If the switch does not close when charger is removed, you get no power.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have checked all the batteries with a load tester and they are all fine they have full voltage does not seem that the power is getting to the motor?

There is a solnoid where the posiitve battery cable from battery pack goes to. Is this solenoid closing when you press the go pedal? Does it click? It has to close the circuit for cart to run. It can be bypassed, cable to cable to see if cart will run. Solenoid may be bad, or it is not getting voltage from the foot pedal switch.

I see question is still open? Did you find problem?