Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have an older electric club car, serial number

Customer Question

I have an older electric club car, serial number A0036-929967. Has been running well. I drove it today, the equivalent of 18 holes. Toward the last three holes it did this shudder thing, almost like a belt slipping. If I let up on the accelerator and go slower it would stop. Seemed to get worse and have less power and eventually we had to push it, still would shudder as it would move. It still had some get up and go but not much, when rested it was a little better but still would shudder. Battery water was low so filled them, it is on a trailer so haven't driven it but can't see that it would just be that. Any thoughts???
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Battery voltage appears to be low. Do you have a voltmeter to test each battery? 36 volt cart, each battery should be at least 6 volts. Will charger come on when attached and run full 8 hour cycle?

I see question still open. Did you see my response?