Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

Well, I just purchased a4x4 with a gas 614cc engine. When

Customer Question

Well, I just purchased a*****4x4 with a gas 614cc engine. When the cart is first started and you shift in to forward or reverse, you have to rev it high to engage the clutch and then it slams hard. After a little running it seems to engage fine, until you stop and then try to go again, same hard slam. What's wrong, please.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Drive clutch is sticking. Not something that can be greased. Needs to be replaced! It should be a smooth transition, and the clutch has to move in and out smoothly. Sounds like it sticks in, and when it comes loose, slams and grabs the belt.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Did you find the problem to be the drive clutch?