Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I plug in my charger and in 5 minutes it trips the breaker

Customer Question

i plug in my charger and in 5 minutes it trips the breaker on the charger. this is a 2003 club car with 6-8 volt batteries
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: bateries are full of distilled water and i just cleaned all the terminals
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried another charger and it does the same thing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: one battery had a bad post a year ago. a mechanic cut it off and installed a new post in the battery. this post seems a little loose
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check each battery's voltage? Any loose post on a 48 volt system is big problem. Does the loose post get hot? What kind of amperage reading do you get on the charger, or does it have an amp gage?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?