Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

After I use my 2006 Club Car Precedent, I would plug it into

Customer Question

After I use my 2006 Club Car Precedent, I would plug it into the charger and the charger would turn on. Now, when I plug it in, the charger doesn't come on. All that comes on is the charge light on the cart. I've checked the fuse, wiring, everything looks fine. I hooked the charger to another cart and it works like it should. I'm not familiar with the controller but all signs point to that. Could the controller have gone bad, not letting it charge?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter t check the voltage at the carts charger port? The charger has to see close to full battery voltage. If there is 48 volts at the port, and cart runs ok, then the OBC, is likley the problem. Not the controller. See link below.

did you see my response?