Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Feels like Electric golf cart wants to go. acts like a bad

Customer Question

Feels like Electric golf cart wants to go. acts like a bad clutch. Bought cat in Florida worked fine, but when got to mi., acts like something is slipping.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No clutch in the cart. Do you hear noise coming from the drive motor area, like a spie stripped? The motor has coupler between motor and transmission. Do you have a voltmeter to be sure battery pack is at least 48 volts, and charger comes on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis, Thanks for your reply. I would like to talk to you by phone. I don't understand some of your terminology, because I am a novice. I know just enough to be dangerous! If we could set up a time to talk by phone, that would be great. My # *****(###) ###-#### ***** live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Thanks for your help. Dan H
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Phone call is an extra charge. But it can be done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand I have paid $5.00 thus far. Are there anymore charges other than the $26 dollars for the phone call? This is the first time I have used this service, so I am learning. So far I am happy!! Thanks Dan H.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I work from home as contractor, You would need to contact the site for prices. If you accept the answer, I think you will be charged around 28 dollars for initial question, and 26 for the phone call. But I am not sure. and am told not to talk prices with customers. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis, This is a dumb question, but is there a motor and transmission in an electric cart?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Electric motor , and it attaches to the transaxle/gearbox with a splined coupler. Like this link.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Please rate to close and get me credit!