Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2011 club car precedent with good battery voltage,

Customer Question

I have a 2011 club car precedent with good battery voltage, when I turn the key on and put switch to forward cart won't move, no lights on voltage gauge
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: No wheel lock feature, in neutral voltage gauge should light up and it doesnt
JA: What is the model of your '11 electric?
Customer: 48v
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tested voltage to both sides of the key switch is only 34v
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Reverse buzzer doesn't sound
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Key switch has to have battery voltage, 48. On older models, the power for the key comes from the charger receptacle wire, does the charger come on if you attach it? Do you have 48 volts at the carts receptacle plug, where charger has to see battery voltage to start?