Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Ez go golf cart.When I push accelerator, clicks but does not

Customer Question

Ez go golf cart.When I push accelerator, clicks but does not move .was intermittent prior and eventually failed to move..
JA: What year is your Golf?
Customer: Batteries new, cables good
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: they are new and charged
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: would like to fix my self, replace switch about 2 years ago
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I could get model year if necessary
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the accelerator switch itself or possibly wiring to the switch.If you have not checked the wiring and connections to the switch this needs done.If a fault is found this will need repaired to correct this issue here.If the wiring and connections are all o.k. then the switch itself may need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Which switch are you talking about. The forward/reverse switch?
I was thinking if the solenoid clicks that the issue would be on the downside of that and that the F/R switch is ok...?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

The forward/reverse or accelerator pedal position switch yes,this may be at fault needing replaced or this may be a wiring issue to the switch needing located and repaired.I would check the wiring for any issues and if any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete