Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

My ezgo 36v cart is used around our property only or maybe

Customer Question

My ezgo 36v cart is used around our property only for transportation or maybe towing a lawn rake. Never had a lick of trouble until this morning. I unplugged the charger (always plug it in overnight), turned the key on, put it in gear and one of the fairly new batteries completely blew apart and I mean completely. I thought I had been shot..... What on earth happened??????
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The battery itself was most likely shorted internally and caused this.I have seen internal shorted cells cause a battery to heat up and explode especially after a charge.I would have the battery and charging circuit tested to make sure this is all o.k. on your model here and if found o.k. then the blown up battery needs replaced.You may be able to parts warranty it with the facility you purchased it from at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete