Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

My golf cart cuts off sometimes (randomly). Sometimes it

Customer Question

My golf cart cuts off sometimes (randomly). Sometimes it will not go at all to start with. I now the batteries are providing power as I can turn on lights and hear the reverse beep. Often, if it will not go to start with, I can hear the solenoid click on then off fairly rapidly. If I hold the pedal down for a period of time, the cart will sometimes start going. Other times the solenoid will just cycle on and off without the cart moving. Does this sound like a solenoid issue or possibly the computer or controller?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Solenoid has to stay engaged. It can't rat a tat and work. But is the voltage from the foot switch to the solenoids small post steady ? If not, the foot switch may be problem, and not the solenoid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I wanted to replace the foot switch, how much would the switch cost and what is the part number or technical name? Is a microswitch?

MCOR as linked above. Motor control input regulator. It has two functions, one to close the foot switch and to send throttle signal to the controller.