Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 1986 gas club car. When I depress the accelerator I

Customer Question

I have a 1986 gas club car. When I depress the accelerator I have to go about halfway down whereupon it goes too fast. When I ease back on the accelarator it quits. Replaced air filter ad gas filter between the tank and the fuel pump. Any suggestions ?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the accelerator pedal cable or an issue with the carburetor itself in some cases that can cause this fault here.I would have both of these checked/tested to see if any or both are an issue here needing repaired.The carb. may need an over haul in some cases (as most of these came equipped with a carb. on them).

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete