Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

Some times my golf cart will work fine then just stop

Customer Question

some times my golf cart will work fine then just stop working, I've checked the speed sensor also the battery connections are all brand new the low voltage I believe I have narrowed it down to motor controller or motor but not sure??
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: I couldn't tell the miles I just know its a 99 Ez go that i rebuilt with new frame and wiring and had it painted about 6 months ago a few days ago i moved my boat around the yard with it and now it is undependable
JA: What year is your Golf Cart?
Customer: 99
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: um never I do all my own maintenance new batteries 6 months ago all new beefed up wires new tires and rims lift kit etc as far as a tune up basically I grease everything and keep connections clean check batteries its def an electrical issue though
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah I was I mean I think I know the problem but I'm having a hard time finding part numbers for the motor control I think mine is 300 amp but would like to bump up to 500amp
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just testing electrical input and output everything is getting power to where it needs to go I think it could be brushes in the motor or the Curtis PMC
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
99 Ezgo electric. Charger comes on when plugged to cart? Do you have full voltage to both sides of the power solenoid ? Does it click closed when pedal is pushed? Does cart do anything now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to everything the solenoid clicks and power is on both side gettin power to all 4 cables at motor I'm thinking brushes?
You can run a motor test . Let me link site. Scroll down the opening page to get to the test section. Do not stop at manuals.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I figured it out it had a bad ground to the 300amp control box but thank you for everything
Good job! Please rate to close the question and get me credit.