Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I've charged each battery separately and now the green light

Customer Question

I've charged each battery separately and now the green light starts flashing but then it quits and flashes red twice batteries were new last year it is a 2000 e825
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with an electric. The Electric Vehicle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we can't get it to move
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: batteries have been individually charged flashes green but then flashes red twice can't get it to move
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electric Vehicle Mechanic should know about your electric?
Customer: I've ha d it for 8 years and always got it to start by this have upgraded new charging system and been serviced out mechanic said it is udated to a 2013 and put in new batteries last year
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to test with? What is the voltage where the charger attaches to the battery pack? 72 volt system? The charger has to see close to full voltage for it to begin the charge. It is faulting out, which tells me the voltage is too low to the charger, or the voltage is not there, meaning there is a break in the primary battery system.
Did you find problem?