Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a ezgo st sport ii that wont start. i put a spark

Customer Question

I have a ezgo st sport ii that wont start. i put a spark plug tester between the wires and the plugs and couldnt get fire. i have power at the plug going in to the coil according to the test light. i ordered a new coil thinking that the coil was bad, but it does the same thing with the new coil. the volts at the battery is 12volts. when i put the new coil on the plug tester would show a small bit of fire and then go away. now it wont show any at all but it was never enough to fire a lick. can something else cause tis or is the new coil bad.
Thanks, Randy
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. I dont see this as a faulty coil but it is possible.I would check and make sure you mounted the coil properly as I know some coils receive their ground by the way they are mounted.If this is o.k. inspect all wiring leading to the coil for any corrosion,breaks or damage in it needing repaired or replaced.I would start with these to see if any issues are found.If these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sanded the mounts and remounted the coil. The wires appear to be good. I still have power on the wire going to the coil but nothing coming out.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately with my info being limited here I dont show the diagrams for this model to assist further but someone else here may have this info you need.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Does it have ignitor? See diagram in picture link below.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
did you see my reply and diagram?