Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

Electric Vehicles Club Car: I have a 2000 48v Club Car. It

Customer Question

I have a 2000 48v Club Car. It runs fine in reverse but in forward it goes but the speed goes up and down no matter what position the pedal is in. Help need to fix this.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, If you turn the cart on and with the brake off push the cart with the switch forward or reverse do you get a warning alarm tone?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry it is not what I expected so I will have to OPT OUT and maybe another tech will have the answer for you. Sorry I could not help
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The reverse warning buzzer works in reverse but no alarm in forward.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
DS or President? Where is the F/R switch? At your knee or on the dash? Most travel problems are caused by bad connections at the f/r switch. If f/r switch is on the dash, the direction change is in the controller.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a DS. Has the f/r switch next to my knee
Big switch with cables. I would start with cleaning the switch contacts . Or swap the f/r cables and see if problem changes. If it does, either repair or replace the switch.