Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I recently changed the 6 - 8volt batteries in my yamaha golf

Customer Question

I recently changed the 6 - 8volt batteries in my yamaha golf cart. I cleaned all cables and hooked them up. now the lights work, however cart doesn't move nor does the reverse buzzer come on. any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with an electric. The Electric Vehicle Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning the connection from positive battery cable to the solenoid
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electric Vehicle Mechanic should know about your electric?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.
Does the charger come on when attached? The charger checks the primary cable circuit, and if it does not come on, the primary circuit is not complete. Cable is offer in wrong place.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/images/document/wiring%20diagram%20Yamaha%20G19E.pdf
Ignore the Club Car diagram! See the second link.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Did you find the problem?