Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

EZGO ????: I purchased a used EZ GO golf cart and while it

Customer Question

I purchased a used EZ GO golf cart and while it seems to run well the motor makes a very loud whining noise and of course the faster you go the louder the noise. Whats the problem and should I be concerned and whats the fix ???
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
This is electric cart? Can you put the rear axles up on jack stands and run the unit and listen for the source? If it is at the drive motor, you have a bad bearing in the motor or in the opposing drive end where the motor shaft coupes up. The whine would be bad bearing. If noise is at one of the rear wheels, maybe a wheel bearing bad.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my response?