Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I parked my 1994 club car after use and next time I went to

Customer Question

I parked my 1994 club car after use and next time I went to use it wouldn't move, no sounds either. Had the solenoid tested at shop said it was smoked. Bought a new one, installed, still nothing. Strange thing, the solenoid arced with the batteries unhooked. Baffled. ***** ***** *****@******.***.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I lost the solenoid and had it replaced last summer same symptoms
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electric Vehicle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
will cart roll, or could brakes be locked? Does the charger come on when attached? Do you have a voltmeter to test with? Solenoid arced? Cables to it should not have been live! The solenoid connects the two, but drive motor would have to have been on!
Did you find the problem?