Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have a 1997 ezgo txt gas golf cart. The battery will not

Customer Question

I have a 1997 ezgo txt gas golf cart. The battery will not recharge when I drive the cart. I have replaced the capacitor, battery, alternator, clutch and belts. any ideas?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: its a golf cart. yes it will drive fine if the battery is >70% charged
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 6 months
JA: Anything else I can tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not that i know of
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electric Vehicle Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
What is voltage to the voltage regulator, it is what sends the voltage required to the battery. Green wire should be output, and has to be above battery voltage, around 14 volts DC. See the attached diagram.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cart is at my beach house. If the regulator isn't producing 14 volts DC, what next?
You already replaced the generator, so either the regulator is bad, or the wire from battery terminal of the regulator to the battery positive is off or broken.