Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Our EZGO electric cart would stop randomly last year and lock

Customer Question

Our EZGO electric cart would stop randomly last year and lock up (so we couldn't move it). We put the cart in neutral and in tow so that we could push it into our cart garage. It has sat over the winder, and now have installed new batteries. They are installed correctly - we had a guy that fixes cart come over to look and test them. We are getting over 48 volts.
The problem is the brakes are still locked up. We put it in neutral and two and we can move the cart manually. But when we switch the cart out of tow and in forward or reverse then push on the go pedal, it wont go. How do we fix the cart?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
Model of cart? RXV? Has electric brake on the back of the drive motor, it has to release before cart will run. Has to have a full 48 volts or it will not release. Do you have voltmeter to test the voltage at the brake?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We've already done this
The brake uses a solenoid to power it. is the solenoid closing and sending the full 48 volts to the brake? Next would be to remove the bolts from the brake and slip it back t see if cart runs.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We will try this.
OK>
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still isn't working. It is being taken to a dealer to fix. Hope this doesn't cost anymore money. It didn't help us.
OK< please accept to close.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not see where to accept. So please close
I thas to be on customer end. I work from home. There should be a block to accept or rate.???