Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

We have a 2008 Club Car. am very mechanical and would like

Customer Question

we have a 2008 Club Car. am very mechanical and would like to repair the jerky starting. guessing it must be a "variometor" or such. Would like to take it apart to clean contacts or whatever. Am I on the right track? Lyle Have been told it is possible to cut the plastic control housing to get to the contacts?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Unless you have something I have never seen, Club Car uses manual steering, and would not have any electric power steering.??? Would have no contacts! The standard steering is a rack and pinion steer gear.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing to do with steering. Jerky "STARTING" as in moving. Reaction as the accelerator pedal is pushed. Not a smooth start.

!! Sorry, my error. Is the starter solenoid what you are referring to? It has contacts and is in a sealed unit, Not repairable, just replace.

Look like this one?