Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have 36v Ezgo cart. when the accelerator is fully

Customer Question

hi ***** *****, My name is***** have 36v Ezgo cart. when the accelerator is fully depressed the cart slows down to almost a stop. it operates best at about half acceleration.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the cart has a new controller & solenoid, batteries are holding charge and overall read 36.9 volts. I have pulled apart the foot pedal mechanism to ensure it was all straight and it seemed fine. however the power loss at full acceleration is still there. Any ideas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electric Vehicle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

What is year model? TXT cart has a ITS pedal switch control that sounds like it is bad. Here is link showing it.

It has to give a gradual increase of signal to the controller. There is a test for it. Here is Ezgo troubleshooting link. Just scroll down the opening page and do NOT go to the manuals, the troubleshooting is below the manuals.

Here is ITS example.

please accept to close.

I see question still open. Did you get cart running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yep all sorted for now, thankyou very much

Please accept or I don't get credit.