Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

2004 ez go txt with the pds...push accerator down and

Customer Question

2004 ez go txt with the pds...push accerator down and nothing happens. Got power on both sides of solenoid with test light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: golf cart will no move in forward or reverse
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electric Vehicle Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

With test light, do you have voltage to the key switch and to the small post of the solenoid when pedal is pressed? See picture, the key switch gets power from the reed switch at the charger connection.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didn't check the key switch....I used the test light and had power to both the big side terminals and showed power to the smaller upper and lower terminal without pressing the pedal.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
on the solenoid
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will check key switch when I get home from work. So the key switch gets its power from where you plug up the battery charger?

With charger plugged in, the reed switch in the connection, keeps the cart from working with charger plugged in. If switch stays open when charger is unplugged, cart does not power up.

Did you see the wiring link with keyswitch wires in red?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Checked the power to key switch. When in off position has power on one side. When key turned on have power on both sides of switch

Does the charger come on when plugged to cart? Do you have voltmeter to test with? Test light will only show voltage, not how much!

Here is link to site with trouble shooting each component. Just scroll down the opening page to find the test, do not go to manuals.

Did you find the problem?