Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.

I have a 2004 txt 36 volt golf cart. My power wise charger

Customer Question

I have a 2004 txt 36 volt golf cart. My power wise charger won't charge my batteries. Thought it was the charger so I borrowed a new charger and it still doesn't charge the batteries. When plugged in the amp meter doesn't register anything so the charger will not start up. I'm in Mexico and getting help here is almost impossible.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a volt meter to test with? Are batteries dead? Charger has to see at least 30 volts before it will close the internal relay and start charging. What is voltage at the battery pack?

If battery pack is above 30 volts, check the connection on the cart, where the charger attaches for the same voltage. If less than battery pack, trace the wires from charger connection, to the battery pack.

I doubt charger is problem, I think battery or cables.