Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I am just finishing a custom body change on my 1987 Club Car

Customer Question

I am just finishing a custom body change on my 1987 Club Car DS, and replaced all lights. I carefully labeled all wires as I removed. I have headlights & brake lights. My problem is that when I turn the right side turn signals on, both of the rear turn lights flash, as well as the right front. However, when I turn the left side on, I get a solid left front light, but nothing on the left. All of the filaments obviously work. I'm perplexed. Any ideas?
Thank you,
R***** *****
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

How are the rear lights grounded? Where is the battery ground? All need to be grounded to same. Usually it is the frame.??

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Battery is grounded to the frame, which as you know is aluminum. Engine is grounded to frame. Tail lights are 2-wire with double filament bulbs. Tail light mounting studs are grounded to frame.Additionally there is one other item I didn't mention earlier. When I turn the left turn signal on, the audible signal under the dash is CONSTANT, whereas the right side is intermittent.

No ground wire on the bulb sockets? Same as the old body???