Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I get two red error indicator lights on the charger as soon

Customer Question

I get two red error indicator lights on the charger as soon as the cable is connected to the charger. The charger does not charge, as a result. All four batteries are fine and each one has a 12 volts reading with correct water level. Would you please advise what may be wrong with the car?
Thanks
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Use a voltmeter to check the voltage at the receptical on the cart for the charger. Does it read the same as the battery pack? 48 volts? The charger is looking for battery voltage, if it does not see at least 38 volts or close to it, the internal relay will not close to start the charge cycle. If voltage is correct at the plug, then you have a charger problem, and would need to have ot checked, or remove the cover and check for fuse or breaker or loose wires. Or bad components.