Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have 2009 club car precedent 48 very electric golf cart.

Customer Question

I have 2009 club car precedent 48 very electric golf cart . It has not given any problems till now . We were driving to the course this after noon ..the cart -was performing as usual.when all of sudden it would not forward or reverse . I could smell something burning . I lifted the seat and removed the controller area cover and I noticed a large 10 gauge yellow wire from one side of a solenoid to the other which seemed to have a joint in it with what seems to be a after market fusible link . It was so hot I could not touch it so I disconnected the batteries . It then cooled down . What do you think the issue might be.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Could have just be a bad or corroded connection, which causes the joint to overheat. Will cart run, or is the fusible link burned in two.? There usually is no fusible link used. It may be better to remove it and go direct.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No the cart will not run but that link is so hot I don't think it is burned in two the cart had been just sitting for 5 hrs before I diconected the batteries. You think I should remove the cooled down link a join the 2 yellow wires together without it.

That , or use a voltmeter to see if the link is blown. It will not break in two, it will just blow the internal fuse portion, and current will not pass.