Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My battery charger 48 volt club car needle jumps around on

Customer Question

my battery charger for a 48 volt club car needle jumps around on the charger and the gauge in the cart...What could be the problem? I am scared to charge the batteries because of this behavior. Allan Anderson
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Can be a bad cable or connection on a single battery! Have you checked and pulled on each cable, related to the battery pack? The primary circuit, is the carts charger receptical, the battery pack and back to the charger receptical. This is what the charger and the battery gage on cart monitors.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have pulled off and put all the battery cables back and still the needles keep jerking from low to beyond the fully charged mark.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltage on the battery pack, and each battery? One bad cell in the battery pack will do this. How old are the batteries.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Batteries 4 years old...will check with a voltmeter..Thanks..Allan

OK, thanks.