Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

2010 ezgo rxv ran good yesterday parked put on charger today

Customer Question

Customer: 2010 ezgo rxv ran good yesterday parked put on charger today turn key on wont mo0ve or release brake step on pedle hear like a clicking coming from under dash.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tried switching the wires to get brakes to release nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electric Vehicles Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

If you plug in charger now, does it come on? Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery pack voltage? Fully charged would be around 54 volts, on 48 volt system. Do you get any indication that you have voltage to the keyswith? Does the electric brake on the drive motor release when drive is selected?