Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a golf cart and EZ go Model TXTP9S electric. I have

Customer Question

I have a golf cart and EZ go Model TXTP9S electric. I have replaced the small puck speed sensor on the end of the motor and it worked fine for 30 minutes and will only travel at 1/3 the normal speed the same thing it was doing before I replaced it. I took
the part back and got another one and it did not help at all. All the connections are clean on the batteries and to the controls and to the motor. Any help would be good. I want to get it fixed for the kids for christmas
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to test the battery voltage and the voltage t the controller and drive motor? #6 volt cart??? What is year model, letter/number at the passenger side glove box. Last two numbers will be year model. Is this older cart with resistor pack between batteries? With mechanical speed control?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have voltmeter and batteries test at 38.6 volts, Volts on the F1 on the motor 25.6 volts and R1 36.8 volts
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think it is a 2003
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will check the year

Look like this one.?

A 1 and A 2 have full 36 volts? F1 and F2 should vary with foot pedal, via controller.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I attached a file (I hope) this is the only tag I could find it was located on a cross member behind and above the batteries. Voltages do vary when the pedal is pressed and settle down to 20.1 Volts when pressed all the way to the floor.

2004 is your year model. To get full speed, you have to have 36 volts to the field on drive motor. With only 20 volts, you will have reduced speed. Have you checked the foot pedal speed control? If the rheostat/speed control (ITS) is good, the controller is bad. But I would check or replace the foot control first.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you give me the procedures to check this I have an ohm meter and have attached three more photos for identifications.

!! Do I see 8, 6 volt batteries? That makes this a 48 volt cart.??? Why only 36 volts at pack???

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it only has 6 batteries

OK< I was looking wrong! To check the ITS , here is test procedures.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have a busy day today and will not be able to check until tonight.

Ok, let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will get you to call me some time wednesday some of the instructions do not fit and are unclear. I am sending you photos of the controller there is no six wire terminal. also will send you the instructions we got.

Shows same test on Mr carts site. Do you find any numbers on the controller you have? I don't have anything to add, I would not recommend phone call!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Curtis Motor Control Part # ***** 36 volt, Model 1206mx-1120 300 amp

1206 is the PDS system, the non DCS test. I really don't know what the (six pin connector) would be! I don't see six onany of the controllers, and the first diagram I sent is the 1206 controller.