Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I have a 2008 Yamaha YDRE Electric golf cart. It will not go

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2008 Yamaha YDRE Electric golf cart. It will not go forward, but will go in reverse. It does click. The batteries are charged. I am thinking a bad solenoid. How do you take it off, with a "***** *****" wrench?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is Bruce. I just bought it, it worked great driving home, but has not since then. It clicks and sometime will go forward about 5 feet and then it quits.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electric Vehicles Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: My name is not ***** *****. Are you talking to me? My name is Bruce
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Not solenoid! Solenoid would do same in forward or reverse. More likely at f/r switch. swap wires at the f/r switch to see if problem changes places.