Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

Club car gas powered cart will run and sputter if you

Customer Question

club car gas powered cart will run and sputter if you excelerate to much. I just replaced the carborator and fuel filters. I have a new fuel pump ordered. It is also exhausting smoke heavy at times. This cart had not been run for 1.5 years so all the fuel had been drained and tank cleaned before new fuel was added. What could cause the sputtering and smoke?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The fuel pump could be problem, but is the oil over full or thin and smell of gas? Have you replaced the spark plug? Does engine start easily?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to have power from the battery and the key just controls the gas. I guess it does start easy when you step on the gas it hesitates for a second and goes. I have not changes the plug and the oil does smell of gas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did seem a little thin
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If oil smells of gas , the carburetor was dumping fuel into the crankcase. And always try a new spark plug! Go with the new fuel pump, change the engine oil and replace the spark plug/