Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

My ezgo cart will not move as if there is no "transmission

Customer Question

my ezgo cart will not move as if there is no "transmission connection". It is charged, and I can hear a clicking when I step on the pedal but no go. I was moving in reverse, changed to forward, heard a slight clank and then no go. Is there a shear pin or something that broke or disconnected. This cart has less than 10 hours or 100 miles on it although it is 6 or more years old
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you hear the motor turning when you press on the pedal? If motor is turning, you may have sheared the motor to transmission coupler, or one of the brake hubs to the rear axle shafts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If motor is not engaging, then the solenoid that the foot pedal closes, may not be closing.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The click when pedal is pushed should be the solenoid, and it is what turns on the drive motor.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is basic diagram.