Curtis B.
Curtis B., Other
Experience:  Worked on fleet of various electric vehicles, golf carts, scissor lifts and electric booms.
30244710

I think I have a solenoid issue with my 1998 Yamaha electric

Customer Question

I think I have a solenoid issue with my 1998 Yamaha electric G19 golf cart. Does anyone do golf cart repair/service?
Category: Electric Vehicles
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible one of the solenoids or sensors is failing as electronic failure or issues can be common on the electric vehicles.You will have to check around in your area if you haven't yet to see if you can locate any repair facilities that can work on your model here to diagnose and repair this fault.If you have already checked around and had no success finding anyone to repair or test your model here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My cart will run perfectly. Then when I step on the pedal to go, there is absolutely nothing. If I place the cart in the tow position for a few minutes, the cart will usually start running again.

I hear the solenoid click when I flip back from tow to run. I do not hear the solenoid when I step on the pedal. One of the reasons I do not hear it may be that the car clunks as the brake is released when I step on the pedal.

Do you think it is the solenoid? Any way to check?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, you can check solenoid by removing one of the cables from the large posts and checking for continuity when you press the pedal. or you can use a jumper and tie the two large terminals together, to bypass the solenoid.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Solenoid is the # ***** item to go out on the unit. But you don't want to replace it, until you check to be sure the voltage to close it (battery voltage) is coming from the foot switch on pedal.